LIGHTS, an NGO, began in 2003 as a Society registered under the Societies Registration Act, 1860.
Following are our objectives:
• To work as a research unit and help create documents and relevant material useful for NGOs and community based organisations in the field of environment and development of India.
• To be an outreach unit to organize workshops and seminars among stakeholders in several environment and development related activities.
• Undertaken field studies in consultation with Geography and You (G’nY), Iris Publication, for publication in the aforementioned magazine.
• Promote education for the girl child living in remote and far flung areas, specially those who are unable to pursue high school education due to poor income of parents, by providing scholarships to them
• Provide help and assistance to rehabilitate old and retired people
• Create environmental awareness for better living and circulate free material towards the same.
• Creation of a network of teachers/trainers all over the country/world to facilitate interaction for environment related issues